Sunday, September 19, 2010

Some photos!


So unfortunately my camera disappeared in route to the DR and the backup I have isn't working, which means all of my pictures for a few months are going to be from other people.  I thought I would attach a few from my first week in Constanza.

Yesterday we did a neighborhood cleanup with a youth group (hence the gloves in the photo) and then went out dancing.  I'm becoming a pro at bachata, the prefered Dominican dance style.  Bachata originated in the DR but now is danced around Latin America.  It used to be considered a dance only for "campesinos" or poor people from  rural areas but now it's popular everywhere, especially with the dawn of the most popular "bachateros"--the one and only-- Aventura.  I listened to them a lot in New York but in the DR I've experienced a new level of devotion.  I hear Aventura blaring from the streets pretty much all day every day.  Dominicans never get tired of their music, and so far neither have I!  I will try and upload more pictures soon (ie encourage my friends to take more!).  Hope everyone is well at home.  Send me emails, news, updates etc!

No comments:

Post a Comment